This course is provided by the College of Body Science, not the Upledger Institute UK so please see www.collegeofbodyscience.com for more information.
Inside the Cranium is an advanced anatomy course, studying the structures and features of the head and neck. The first two days are spent studying the structures, their names, locations and relationships to each other, followed by the final day looking at real pre-dissected examples in a university dissection lab. It is obviously particularly useful for anyone studying and using CranioSacral therpay in their work.
The course will cover:
• Bones of the cranium, face and upper neck
• The important features of the bones above and the structures related to them - eg what goes through the holes, how they articulate with their neighbours and other structures that attach etc
• The blood supply of the region: arterial supply and venous drainage, including the sinuses and pathways blood takes to exit the cranium
• Cerebrospinal fluid: how it is made, its function, where it flows and how it drains
• The meninges: the three layers of the dural membrane
• The cranial nerves: what they are, what they supply and where they enter / exit the cranium
• The TMJ (jaw): joint structure, ligaments, muscles and their actions
• The hyoid bone: its structure and all the muscles & ligaments that attach to it
• Muscles & ligaments of the upper vertebral column
• Pharyngeal muscles
• and probably a bit more thrown in as we go...
Our method of teaching is interactive, dynamic and engaging. We aim to present the information in clear and engaging ways, to help you both understand and remember. The two theory days are carried out with the assistance of real skulls to enable you have great reference points as we go while the day in the lab really helps to consolidate the knowledge learned in the classroom.
The course is designed for craniosacral therapists and anyone working with the head and neck; a number of osteopaths and physios (even a dentist!) have attended in the past and found the information invaluable.
You can use this website to book a place.