This workshop is designed to teach you how the SomatoEmotional Release® techniques can integrate with various other creative imagery and dialoguing methods. By attending this class with its focus on the development of therapeutic imagery and dialoguing skills, you will become more proficient in the SER techniques. With an emphasis on self healing and wholeness, our goal as practitioners is to enable a comfortable and wholistic mind-body approach that will help our clients resolve problems and obstacles to their progress and growth.
The class begins with a review of the techniques taught in CST2 & SER1 to encourage the expression of suppressed emotion through the release of the throat and hard palate. This is followed by an introduction to psychosynthesis and Gestalt and Jungian psychology.
By blending concepts from three schools of psychology with SER and CST, you will add a range of more specific techniques to your toolbox to enable you to work with patients and increase awareness of the ‘inner self’. As in all our courses, participation and practice with fellow students helps you increase both your own self-awareness and your confidence in your practice, strengthening the relationship between the conscious and non-conscious mind and expanding the ways you can assist your clients.
What you will learn from coming on this course:
* The history, key concepts and therapeutic process of psychosynthesis and Gestalt and Jungian psychology
* Practical application of the integration of the above with SomatoEmotional Release® and therapeutic imagery and dialogue
* Review of throat and hard palate techniques for releasing the vocal apparatus
* Methods for inviting a solicited image, maintaining it and discovering an image's purpose
* Skills for facilitating dialogue between the patient's levels of consciousness
* Exercises in active imagination, archetypes, self awareness and dialogue and facilitated imagery
* A 10 step protocol for imagery and dialogue
* The benefit of continued focus on using the craniosacral rhythm to keep ‘on track’
* To trust your hands more as you experience the gentleness and safety of the SER approach and see the benefits that ensue
The SomatoEmotional Release® process requires extreme sensitivity on the part of the therapist, and a positive attitude and trust from the patient. The SER2 workshop gives you a greater insight into your patient's issues and specific techniques that enable you to fine tune your dialoguing skills.
Successful completion of the SER1 workshop and practice using the techniques during at least 25 treatments.
Required Advance Reading:
Getting To Yes by Roger Fisher and William Ury
You should review SomatoEmotional Release and Beyond by John E. Upledger, DO, OMM
Dr Upledger recommends that you also read:
The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
The Triumph of the Embryo by Lewis Wolpert
The Art of Effortless Living by Ingrid Bacci, PhD, CAT, CST