CranioSacral Therapy for Paediatrics 1
CranioSacral Therapy for Paediatrics 1 addresses the special application of CranioSacral Therapy, SomatoEmotional Release® and energy cyst release on infants and children. The course will take you on a playful journey through the differences in anatomy between babies, children and adult craniosacral systems and how, as a result, we adapt techniques appropriately.
You will learn how to engage and connect with children who are not neurotypical and begin to get an understanding of the neurology behind unusual behaviours, neurological development and reflexes. You will practice feeling the CS rhythm and working on a moving target!
After gaining a better understanding of the birth process, there will be an opportunity for you to complete your biological process around your own birth, invaluable for learning how to hold a space for someone who has yet to resolve their own birth issues.
The development of a grounded therapeutic presence runs through the whole of this course as it is even more important when working with babies, children and their families than when working with an adult. A child grows in a family and so family dynamics are addressed and how as a therapist you can work with this and recognise what is happening.
There will be ample opportunity for supervised practice sessions with kids and their families on the third and fourth day of the course. By the end of the four days you will have gained a good understanding of paediatric work, and confidence in working with children.
What you will learn from coming on this course:
- Learn how early therapy on newborns and infants can possibly reduce the percentage of central nervous system problems
- Explore the developmental landmarks that occur month by month during and after gestation
- Practice working with kids in a supervised environment
- Discover a 10-step protocol you can perform to help evaluate a newborn
- Discuss ways to apply CST to children with learning disabilities, cerebral palsy, seizures or other health challenges
- Explore special topics such as understanding the birth process and treating the pregnant mother and foetus along with the new mother and newborn, and working in a conventional obstetrical setting
Successful completion of SomatoEmotional Release® 1.
Required advance reading
A Brain Is Born by John E. Upledger, DO, OMM.
|Location & Date||
Balance payment after deposit paid, Deposit – balance due 1 month prior to course start date, Full Amount – £610 + VAT, Retake
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.