CST Touching the Brain 1
Just inside the bony cranium we all have billions of star-shaped cells in our brain. Brain stars are part of a family of cells called “glia.” Glial cells are major regulators of nervous system development, structure and function. They are involved in all aspects of nervous system health and pathology. Glia and neurons create our inner universe of sensation, perception, memory and action. Reaching inward … we can gently touch them.
How do craniosacral therapy (CST) techniques reach into the brain or spinal cord?
Is there a biomechanical pathway through which CST corrective techniques are transmitted from a practitioner’s hands into the depths of the central nervous system (CNS)?
If so, what cells form this corrective pathway, what do they do, and how do they help CNS healing and function?
The answer to all of these questions may reside in glia.
The craniosacral system connects directly to the glial cell matrix of the brain and spinal cord. This connection is a powerful route by which you can use CranioSacral Therapy glial technique to improve nervous system structure, function, healing and health.
- Investigate glial cell types and function
- Explore how glial cells build a therapeutic interface from outside the Central Nervous System (CNS) to inside the CNS
- Discover the role of glial cells in generating cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and regulating CSF flow
- Learn how glial cells help the CNS heal
- Stimulate optimal nervous system health by using CST glial techniques
- Work with nervous system disorders, such as autism spectrum disorders, sensory processing issues, traumatic brain injury, neurodegenerative disorders, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, chronic pain, spinal cord trauma, anxiety and neuropathy, through the application of CST glial technique
- Enhance, enrich and refine your CST palpation and treatment skills.
Pre-requisite is CST2.
|Location & Date||
Deposit – balance due 1 month prior to course start date, Deposit Payment – £250 + VAT, Full Amount – £666.67 + VAT, Retake
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.