Beginning the journey…
If you have no previous training but would like to become a qualified Upledger CranioSacral Therapist then you can, as we said on the prerequisites page, go and get another qualification and then come back to add this work in. But many people have said that they didn’t want to do that, they just wanted to study CranioSacral Therapy.
So we have developed a way to make this possible, which we feel will offer you the chance to pick up all the other pieces we have not previously offered: getting enough grounding in the anatomy, physiology and pathology, the important things about being and working as a therapist, as well as building up your palpatory skills over a period of time. But we wanted to keep it in the Upledger spirit so there was still flexibility in the process, and use the framework that exists. So our offer is as follows: to become a fully qualified, safe, confident and competent pair of hands…
You will need to:
- Complete our Foundation Certificate in Body Science Training (this has been developed by the College of Body Science in conjunction with, and is accredited by, the Cranio Sacral Society). If you have the equivalent of Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology, you can skip this part – i.e. if you are a GP or nurse, for instance. Please note: the Foundation Certificate is charged separately.
- Complete the courses of the core curriculum: CST1, CST2, SER1, SER2 & Advanced 1
- Repeat CST1, CST2, and SER1; the repeat of the course does not need to be in order (i.e. you do not need to do CST1 twice before CST2, but you will need to repeat each of these courses to complete the whole programme)
- Pass the Techniques exam
- Attend a Clinical Applications Class for those Training from Scratch
- Become a member of the Cranio Sacral Society (CSS), initially as a student member – you may also need insurance, which you can obtain through this membership
- Attend at least six days worth of Study Groups during your training
- Work with a mentor, as and when needed
- Have regular CST treatments yourself with a fully qualified Upledger practitioner
- Complete and submit 15 case histories
Intrigued? Wanting a change in life?
Or, if you feel you really want to talk it all through, pick up the phone and give us a call!